Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stock bose? Pos New System opin!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock bose? Pos New System opin!

So I am really considering getting a kicker solo baric 12' single L5 with a kicker zx400 amp and a amp wire kit obviously with a cap and since I would be doing this I would get a optima battery I think and I want the thin ported slanted box for the sub, I would end up mounting the sub in the mid of the back amp rack behind seat and the amp on left of it with the cap on the right. Anyone have a solo and how does it sound and is there anything else I may need to get. I have alpine speakers that are new in the front doors and it sounds kind of distorted if you play it past like half way. It is bose 3 speaker setup from factory but there is pioneer head unit. Do I need the pac oem or do I rewire the speakers directly to the head unit or both?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

anyone?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my advice,,, yep rewire them directly,,,
dont bother with a cap or optima batt,,,
ive run 1200watt amps and 2 12"s of a stock batt with no cap or issues and because you only plan on running one sub a cap and batt is overkill. If you wanna upgrade the batt for other reasons go ahead.
Old solo's sounded great,,, i never had a new one but id buy one for sure,,,, if i could of found one cheaper then the type r i bought i would of gotten one.
Also sealed boxes sound nicer IMO unless its a factory built free air box with mated sub,,, but a enclosure sub in a ported box will self destruct pretty quick if set too high.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

amazon great place for good prices and the sub comes in box it a kicker box