Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wire connector adapters for speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

Default Wire connector adapters for speakers

I have seen somewhere in another thread that you can get adapters to plug into the stock speaker connectors and then wire up after market speakers.....saving the butchering of the stock wires.......if i remember correctly they got em at best buy.......but my local best buy is clueless.......any 1 have a source for these adapters.....PNs .......or brand????
Old 06-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are generic GM speaker adapters that have 1 pos and 1 neg. These are for regular GM speakers. The Monsoon GM Delco system is not regular in some parts. There are no adapters in existence currently for the Camaro front door speakers that have 4 wires going to the connector nor are there any for the Firebird Monsoon rear sail panels that also have 4 wires on one connector.
If you are able to reuse the stock connector off the back of a blown stock speaker, there is no need to butcher anything and you have the right connector every time.

Quick Reply: Wire connector adapters for speakers