Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Something new..

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something new..

So I don't like having wires all over my car, that's why I got an avic-d3 soon after buying my TA, so i could hide a ipod and its wire, and for the gps function that replaced my old gps unit that plugged into the cigarette lighter. Along with the other options of course such as bluetooth.

That being written, I didn't like having my iphone and its charger all out in the open either. I don't text and drive. I use bluetooth capabilities to talk and I wanted a way to charge my phone, without it being a nuisance. This is my basically free solution, I basically made an iPhone dock into my console.

xBrian's Charger Mod

Last edited by xBrian; 07-25-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Lots of looks, no comments.

I must say after 2+ months of having this, it works great. No issues at all. It does its job perfectly for what i wanted it to do.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I definitely wouldn't trust my phone to rest on just that connector, especially in a fast car where there will be plenty of force trying to break that.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Yea i know what you mean. I thought i would have trouble with it staying in there too. I do have a case around my iphone and makes it a firm fit just as it is. I know i can't stop hard enough to make it fall out, i absolutely tried... Granted i do keep a cd case in one slot just for that reason, but also its the case for the nav disc for my avic-d3. So it's something that will be there regardless.

The case i have is a hard shell elan form, it slides apart from top and bottom instead of those that snap together from front/back. I did try one of those that my friend has and it fit just the same.