Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Custom Switches?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Switches?

You know how on your center console (above the radio, below the A/C vents) you have that fog light switch? Some people also have other switches there like the SGS (in automatics). What other switches can be put there as I noticed there is 4 slots, and only 3 switches I can think of (foglamps, SGS, TCS), although mine only has the foglamp swith. Does anyone have or sell these switches custom? Looking to add a few switches (3 empty spaces would like to fill with: e-cutout switch, linelock arm, and a two step) and make it look like stock. Instead of having some crazy out of place airplane trigger switch.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

What is SGS? Oh, that's one of those 6-cylinder automatic things... "Second Gear Start". I thought it might be "Smoke Generation System"?

The possible factory switches are fog lights, ASR (traction control), SGS, and convertible top.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

word, asr thats what it's called! lol was trying to remember what the tcs switch was, either way that should make 4 usable switches. of course when someone looks at the convertible top switch and is all "wtf?" i'll be all "yeah bro, it's such a perfect fit that you cant even tell"
Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Don't forget that the factory switches are different designs for different purposes. For example, the fog light switch is an SPST on/off switch whereas the convertible top is an SPDT (on)/off/(on) momentary switch. You don't have to go with one of each - you can use several of one depending on what you want to control. The convertible switch is great for an electric cutout but not much use for a basic on/off circuit.