Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Headlight connector pins?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight connector pins?

Does anyone know where you can find the male and female pins for the headlight motor connector. My headlight motor stopped working and the low/high beams stopped coming on so I pulled the connector apart and found all the pins corroded and broken. Is there any place I can order these pins or connectors from?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Mouser Electronics sells them for pennies. The catch is that you need a special crimper for them. Those can cost over $100 for the OEM crimpers, but you may be able to find a specialized crimper for the terminal for much less.

The male terminals can be removed from the connector body and cleaned up with steel wool. The female terminals are more difficult and I had to replace mine.

If you google for the Delphi Electrical Connector Catalog, you'll be able to identify the connector and terminal part numbers. (When picking a terminal, you'll also have to convert the wire gauge to a metric measurement to find the correct one.)

Once you have the terminal p/n, you can order from Mouser and look up the crimp types in the electrical repair manual: http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/autom...%20Booklet.pdf For the connector you are looking at, you'll need two crimps. One for the terminal and one for the integrated seal.

Quick Reply: Headlight connector pins?