Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bi-Amping with an Aftermarket H/U to components?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 05:27 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Bi-Amping with an Aftermarket H/U to components?

Until I settle on an amp to order for the RE Audion 6.5C components I bought recently, I was curious if I could use all four channels of the JVC KD R-900 H/U (20w RMS) to drive the speakers?

Sending the Right Front channel to the Crossover tweeter connection, and the Right Rear channel to the Crossover woofer connection, and vice versa on the other side. Does this make sense?

I guess essentially it is bi-amping with the H/U vice a 4-channel amp, right? In the picture below, imagine the two separate amps shown as a single source H/U that outputs 20w rms per channel.

The only reason I'm considering this option is to potentially double the power going to the RE 6.5C's. Instead of just using the front channels 20w rms to power each side, I would be sending 20w rms individually to each tweeter and each woofer through RE's passive crossover.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:01 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, I found out the answer in no. The crossovers would have to be designed for bi-amping.