Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

fosgate hx2 subs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default fosgate hx2 subs

Just picked up a jl e1400 amp and a older fosgate punch Hx2 10 for a deal. Anyone have experience with these subs? I'm currently running a jl w3 in the stealth box just wondering if the fosgate is better
Old 01-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a punch hx2 12 back in the day in a 2.1 cubic foot ported box with a JBL powervalve amp it got WAY louder than any of my buddies set ups I forget what I tuned my box to though! I miss that sub I wish I could find another one never heard a hx2 10 before. Another buddie had a power hx2 8 it hit pretty hard. It dont hurt to swap em out see how it works in your car. The w3s it pretty hard Ive never been that impressed with them though! But a lot of times the install or the box there in makes the difference!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Likewise, still have a 12" Power Punch HX2 in my Corvette and I love it. Went with a small, unported enclosure and it's mated to an old school Rockford amp -- the sub hits hard. Amp pumps out over 450W RMS (the old ones were very well under-rated -- I think the build sheet shows it at a couple hundred watts over that mark) and the sub has no trouble handling it and its still nimble and clean with the quick hit sounds.

Tried several of the JL audio subs, the Kicker Solobarics, high end MTX sub, etc. and the HX2 is by far my favorite. You should be pleased.