Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stealth sub installed and built amp rack today

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got everything finished today. when the trunk is closed it blends right in and cant see the amp. its just what i wanted.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you're able to reuse the same torque bolts that were used for the latches, they're obviously not too long. Bottom of ttops can work if your amp is small enough, there's roughly 1" of clearance between the bottom of the ttops and the bottom of the holding storage. I considered putting mine there but couldn't handle seeing the wires. If you can run the wires behind the stealth box (this is what I did) I don't see a single wire in my whole car, but then again I don't know where your wires are ran. Mine are down the drivers side under the carpet to the side and behind the sail panel.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kylerobison
got everything finished today. when the trunk is closed it blends right in and cant see the amp. its just what i wanted.

I would change the 'box' to be the same color as the carpet and try to hide the wiring better but that's just me,
Old 04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Its the closest i could get to match the stock carpet. Point is people wont notice that amp now if im parked somewhere and its not in direct sunlight. Its location is not ideal but its works and i never had to cut my carpet
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like the idea of people not being able to see it when parked!!

Quick Reply: stealth sub installed and built amp rack today