Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

12-disc pioneer cd changer issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12-disc pioneer cd changer issue

I have owned my car for nearly a year, a 2001 ws6 w/ t-tops. A few weeks ago, i bought a lot of parts off of a wrecked 02 ws6, which included a factory monsoon cd player and factory pioneer cd changer. I decided today, that i would take out my aftermarket radio that came w/ the car and put the factory stuff back in. The radio works great and i can hear the cd changer cycling thru the magazine, but when i go to the cd changer on my radio, i get error codes. The codes are for the cd changer door being open and the magazine being empty. When i go to open the door on the changer, it will not eject the magazine. I read several posts about the changer, which let me figure out the codes and even where to locate the harness for the changer at. My question is, how do i eject the magazine? I pushed the reset button and got a business card, but really wasn't sure where to place the card. Any help would be appreciated. I will be posting a few more posts about other issues w/ the car. Thanks. Jason
Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

No doubt you have the discs in the changer cartridge upside down. The factory changer expects the discs to be loaded with the label side down - opposite to the way almost every other changer works.

Quick Reply: 12-disc pioneer cd changer issue