Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Speaker install on Firebird T/A

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Speaker install on Firebird T/A

Wanted to give a thanks to Kee Audio and all the threads through here discussing replacement speakers for the Monsoon system. Bought Kee's replacement set and received some info from Ian and I was off with the assistance of my 11 year old. Took about 3 hours because the door panels were kicking my ****, but it's all in and I'm impressed how simple it was. The sound is great after some fine tuning and my wife is happy!

While I was in there I also fixed the window guides that were destroying the tint on my door windows. One on each side of the car was actually broken so they were pointed and scratching/ripping the tint. I used some chemical cleaner on the metal and got some 3M felt tape to make a quick fix. I'll start looking for replacement parts or have my shop fab a couple up. Once that's 100% I'll re-tint and it ought to be good as new.

Thanks again, Ian. Hope we can do business again!

...On to the next project!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Did you get standard replacement or the higher end set? I need to upgrade my sound
Old 05-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Also curious as to which set you got, and how good is the midbass? I need to upgrade my door and sail panel speakers, after realizing I am missing a sail panel speaker on the driver's side running my wiring for my subs... Looking to get some decent speakers to at least somewhat keep up with the 1200WRMS going to my subs...
Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM

I purchased the first upgrade kit after standard. It was $329 and all were CDT speakers. The hatch were coaxial and remaining were component. Only reason was that I didn't want the bazooka subs... I listen to rock more than other music so crisper sound was my goal. Had to solder everything which was no biggie. Anyway, the sail panels have 6.5" woofers and they hit pretty good. The midbass is also good. Keep in mind I'm 44 and loud noises make me twitchy so I'm no expert!!!!

I spoke to Ian Kee via email several times and he's the pro. Give him a day to get back to your messages and he will come thru. Overall I'm very satisfied with everything. Good luck.