Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rear speaker install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear speaker install question

Hey guys, I have what I think is a fairly simple question on installing rear speakers in my '02 WS6 convertible. I recently picked up Kee's convertible speaker package and am getting ready to do the install. When I popped out one of the factory rear speakers, the connector has (4) wires. According to the Monsoon FAQ, these wires are "+ and -" for the tweeter and "+ and -" for the mid. To install the new speaker, do I simply tie the two "+" together and two "-" together or do I eliminate one set? It's been a LONG time since I've installed speakers (going on 20 yrs now) so I want to do it right the first time. The speakers I'm installing are CDT's HD-65NX slim mount coaxial. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

DO NOT connect the pairs of wires together. That would have the effect of bridging the Monsoon amp which is not stable when bridged.

Connect your coaxial speakers to the positive and negative mid/woofer wires and leave the tweeter wires disconnected. You're looking for the light blue with black, dark green (right side) and the dark blue with white, light green with black (left side) wires. You may find that the existing speakers have simple red and black connecting wires so you might have to follow the wires further up the harness to find the correct colors.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Your response is proof positive that's it's always better to ask BEFORE you start cutting!

Quick Reply: Rear speaker install question