Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tuning the Monsoon System

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning the Monsoon System

I've been working on repairing the factory Monsoon system in my 1999 SS Camaro. In troubleshooting to determine which speakers were bad (just curious, they're all getting replaced anyway), I wasn't getting sound from the passenger side sail speaker. I swapped my sail speakers to make sure I was getting output from the amp, which I was. What I noticed was that I would get clean bass out of the passenger side sail speaker, but the driver side had some muffled mids on top of the bass, almost like the low pass filter was not set correctly from the factory. Is there any way to tune the Monsoon amp or add an inline filter to that one speaker to balance the sound? It's not a big deal, but thought I would see what my options are while I have it all apart and I am replacing blown speakers.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

He's not a sponsor on here, but if you just want a "direct" (there will be some splicing to add connectors) GOOD quality replacement speakers, check out Kee Audio. All of my speakers will be getting replaced by his Level 4 kit, as at 21k miles, all of my speakers appear to be shot to s**t.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:19 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ARSENAL670
He's not a sponsor on here, but if you just want a "direct" (there will be some splicing to add connectors) GOOD quality replacement speakers, check out Kee Audio. All of my speakers will be getting replaced by his Level 4 kit, as at 21k miles, all of my speakers appear to be shot to s**t.
I actually have his Level 2.5 option on the way. I was just hoping there was a way to tune the system since the driver and passenger subs seem to be adjusted so differently.
The following users liked this post:
ARSENAL670 (05-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Tuning the Monsoon System