Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need info on speaker size please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on speaker size please.

I have an 02 firehawk and want to replace the stock speakers with a set of components. Not sure which ones im thinking Alpine type R, or Infinity Kappa. Either way, Ive been told 6.5" will fit up front. What about the depth? any concern their?

Any suggestions would be great, I want a decent set of comps for around 200 bucks. Looking for something with atleat 75wrms . Thanks.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

i have a set of kicker resolution 6.5's in my doors and they fit no problem cast baskets and all. but these are a lil outa your posted price range they usually go for around $300 a set.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Whats the mounting depth capability of the doors? Im looking at the CDT CL61's which have a top mount of 2.75 and a diameter of 5.75
Old 04-11-2004, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

I have installed a set of the Kappas and they sound awsome but I did modify the speaker brackets. I have heard of stories where the speaker hits the door causing them to break. I just used a grinder and grinded the plastic back so they were flat to the door. It did not effect the sound they are still load. I also installed a set in the sail panels with the tweeter just above the speakers, i used a drill bit and driller the 1" hole above in the panel. The last part of the system is an mtx thunderform which I plan on selling cause I just got a box for 2 12"s

I will post some pics soon check back