Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Car alarm help please! My car is stuck at work.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car alarm help please! My car is stuck at work.

I lost my fob and keys like 3 months ago, but i got a replacement key from a locksmith with the pellet and a replacement door key. I've been using it with no issues whatsoever. I would lock the doors using the button before I closed it, unlock with the key. Then I went to work, same procedure. Usually when you unlock with the key, it'll give you 8 seconds before the alarm sounds, but when you insert the key in the ignition, it'll disable the alarm, and you're good. But this time it's not disabling anything. I tried to find the alarm fuse, no luck, I can't get my car to start. Its in a parking garage so how do I quick fix it to get it home, then attack the problem. What is the problem? Anyone know?

Please, I miss my baby already.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

You should really try searching before starting a new thread.

This thread has instructions from the owner's manual for how to turn off the factory alarm: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...hen-start.html

But I suspect that you have more of a problem. Is the SECURITY light in the instrument cluster on or flashing? That indicates a VATS problem rather than an alarm problem. That means the system is not recognizing the resistor pellet in the ignition key.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ this guy knows his sheet!!!

Quick Reply: Car alarm help please! My car is stuck at work.