Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Numbers not lit - Camaro Monsoon HU

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Numbers not lit - Camaro Monsoon HU

I am having trouble with my Camaro Monsoon head unit. For some reason, when I turn my parking lights or headlights on, the numbers and several of the other buttons wont light. Only the bulb nearest the power and volume ***** seem to be lighting, as well as the LCD display. Everything else seems to function just fine, and the buttons do what they are supposed to do when you push them. I checked the Monsoon faq, especially the wiring part, but didn`t see anything that singled out these lights. These HU`s don`t have a daylight sensor do they?
Thanks.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawk312
I am having trouble with my Camaro Monsoon head unit. For some reason, when I turn my parking lights or headlights on, the numbers and several of the other buttons wont light. Only the bulb nearest the power and volume ***** seem to be lighting, as well as the LCD display. Everything else seems to function just fine, and the buttons do what they are supposed to do when you push them. I checked the Monsoon faq, especially the wiring part, but didn`t see anything that singled out these lights. These HU`s don`t have a daylight sensor do they?
Thanks.
no sensors for day or night.Mine does the same thing .Sometimes it will read the numbers and sometimes it will not. It is because it is getting old!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Here is the thread you need. You have a number of bulbs out:

This thread instructs on how to replace the small bulbs all over. (Note further down, there are part numbers and instructions for the original incandescent bulbs - instead of LED's) https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...hen-i-did.html

If you look at post #27, you'll see the p/n for the special bulb that lights your numbers display.

Quick Reply: Numbers not lit - Camaro Monsoon HU