Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Tail light problems:

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tail light problems:

Welp here's my dilemma.

If I have the headlight switch set to off and I hit the brake lights they come on. They seem rather dim IMO but I haven't seen them in 6 month.

Now if I turn the headlight switch to on and hit the brake the brake lights do not work. I have the ss spoiler light on when I hit the brakes everytime.

However, my turn signals are not working either. With the headlight switch on the lights come on slowly but so dim you almost cannot tell. Also the solid green arrow is on the dash.

Fuses all look good to me. Also the rear ground seems fine. After checking the basics I'm rather stumped.

Any help? Thanks guy!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:59 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Sounds like you have crossed wires somewhere. Probably in the back of the car, with some ground wires involved. Time to trace...

Have you done any work lately? How long have you had the car?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

By any chance is your turn signal lever broken? As in when you move it either up or down and after you make your turn the arm doesnt pop back to the neutral position and you have to move it yourself?
Old 03-03-2014, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!

I bought the car from someone and it sat for about 6 months. Turns out the rear hatch ground had come off...repaired that works great...

Quick Reply: Tail light problems: