Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Raido "On" Wire/power antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Raido "On" Wire/power antenna

Ok, So I wired everything up today and I'm second guessing myself on which is the switch wire back by the power antenna. I'm supposed to hook that up to the amp so it powers up with the radio and not constantly on. I figured I'd use the antenna up or power for that purpose. What color is this wire? Is it the orange? Or am I wrong. I have it all hooked up, blue light is on the amp, but nothing pushing the woofer. I'm assuming that may be the problem?

reason is, i turn the radio off and the amp light stays on? I would assume it would power off no? It's an alpine mrp-m350
Old 04-06-2014, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

12 vdc trigger to amp
use a VOM to check it and see if its staying on because of this
Ive seen some amps stay on with less voltage so perhaps its picking some up
somewhere.
I have a similar amp( F 306) and it shuts down about a minute later.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:06 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

All the wiring colors are in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section.

The orange wire in the factory harness is constant (battery) power so your amp will be on all the time.

Assuming you used a wiring harness adapter to install your aftermarket head unit, the correct wire in the adapter harness is labeled and is blue/white if your HU has a separate amp turn-on wire or solid blue if you must rely on the power antenna signal wire.

If you didn't use a harness adapter and butchered the factory wiring instead, the pink wire in the factory harness is the power antenna wire - there is no remote turn-on wire in the factory system.

Quick Reply: Raido "On" Wire/power antenna