Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with driver side window

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with driver side window

Hello everyone my driverside window will not give any response. When i bought the car the everything for the power window was removed and a 2x4 was holding the window up. Since then i have put in a new motor, regulator, new switch, tested all the wires and dont seem to any have breaks in the wires, and have had the bcm resoldered. I borrowed a window jump box and the window worked so its not the motor. The passenger side window will work through both the driverside and passenger side window switches. Any other ideas? All help is appreciated thanks guys
Nick
Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

What's a window jump box?

Are you getting power to the motor connector when you activate the motor? (That will tell you a lot.)

... I'm assuming you took out the 2X4, before you tried operating the window?
Old 04-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wssix99
What's a window jump box? Are you getting power to the motor connector when you activate the motor? (That will tell you a lot.) ... I'm assuming you took out the 2X4, before you tried operating the window?
A window jump box is a little box with a switch that you can hook up to the battery and on the other side goes to to window motor and you can test and make the window go up or down and see if its good.
I believe i was getting power at the switch but i do not think i was getting ground.
And yes the 2x4 has been removed
Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Did you test the motor while it was hooked up to the regulator and the glass? (Sometimes bad motors will test good when they don't have a load on them.) If so, then you need to trace the circuit. Starting at the switch is probably the easiest place to start.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Launching!

wire might be damaged inside the boot or on the inside of the car when i was running speaker wire through the door boot i noticed the metal has a few burs on it that needed to be filed you might check there

Quick Reply: Help with driver side window