Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Subwoofers in Convertible Trans Am.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Subwoofers in Convertible Trans Am.

I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a convertible trans am with subwoofers, or any type of system on a convertible. Those of whom have a convertible like me, know that there is hardly any space in the trunk. Just wondering if anyone has set up a clean looking system in theres. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bottom of page.
http://www.subthump.com/acamaro.htm
Old 05-17-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

You still need to get a little creative to mount the convertible box in there, since there is no support for the back part of the box that hangs over the well.

Some guy that posts on the ls2.com forum named Johnnydorag, or something like that, makes a box that holds two 8's that is ported into the passenger compartment, it doesn't look to bad. If you don't mind giving up your trunk space, just build a box of your own, it's not too tough.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:49 PM
12 Second Club

I have a 12" stealth sub cabinet in the pass side of the trunk :

I had originally intended to keep the trunk functional (my car is a daily driver) but I wound up mounting the nitrous bottle there.

I may eventually fab up a little vented plexiglass/lucite cover for the trunk/bottle area so I can still throw a couple of bags of groceries back there on top of it if needed.

Happy driving,
Bad30th