Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Headlight modification

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight modification

Sooooooooooooo

I bought some depo headlights. Aside from nice new lenses its utter crap. Anyways I tried to fix the horrible paint and ruined the reflective buckets.

It seems more expensive to replate the silver than buy new ones. However I wanna make these work.

So having next to no money I need some help. If I go to a junkyard and pull some caddy headlights or some car with a smaller sized projector headlight and hi beam projector housing. Can I just stick them in my car and pick up some bulbs?

I dont want anything special. No hid's dont wanna deal with ballasts. Im good with a dremel and mostly just need something I can glue in the buckets to make these brand new heaps of **** work.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You could use your stock headlight housings with new lenses off of the depos.
stock housings 'd have that retainer for the 9006/9007 bulbs.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
You could use your stock headlight housings with new lenses off of the depos.
stock housings 'd have that retainer for the 9006/9007 bulbs.
I would but i bought the depos because my car got in a light wreck....the stock housings are well not all there..........lol.

I think im just going to wait alittle longer buy a mini h1 projector housing and a cheaper hid kit with some warranty
Old 05-16-2014, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put in some Morimoto Mini H1's in my OE housings - those are an HID projector. That's what blackbird does - DEPO housings with morimotos.

I'd check that out before going for an OE swap as the mini H1 is a quick swap. The OE swap would be much more difficult, and if this is your first one, probably intimidating and could be over your head.

Check out hidplanet's forums. Plenty of folks have done these on Camaros, plus like I said - this is what Blackbird does anyway.

Quick Reply: Headlight modification