Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bose Rear Sub and Amp Assy - 95 Camaro with 5 Speaker Bose

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Rear Sub and Amp Assy - 95 Camaro with 5 Speaker Bose

So my Bose sub in the rear is working fine, but both rear door speakers are not putting out anything.

From the schematic, it shows the audio input coming into the sub assy, and then that feeds the sub speaker and both door speakers in the rear.

http://shbox.com/1/bose_wiring.jpg

I have seen a description that there are 2 amps in that box, one for the sub and one for the rear speakers.

Is this true? I cant seem to find any info anywhere on this unit, including what is inside.

I am thinking that the amp driving the rear speakers is shot, since the sub speaker works.

Any ideas? And does anyone have one of these spare, or a junker that has amps in it that work?

Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails Bose Rear Sub and Amp Assy - 95 Camaro with 5 Speaker Bose-bose_wiring.jpg  
Old 05-18-2014, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's been a while since I opened it up, but I seem to remember there only being one circuit board in there along with the sub. Chances are it's your wiring or the sail panel subs themselves. You could always pick up a spare sub box from the junkyard, I got one for $25 years ago.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 262 Likes on 226 Posts

You have a 4-door Camaro with "rear door speakers"? Please post pictures.

It's quite possible that you don't have any speakers in the sail panels. The Bose system was available in 3-speaker and 5-speaker configurations. The 3-speaker configuration had only door speakers and a rear sub leaving the sail panels empty. 1994 came with the 3-speaker version and 1996 came with the 5-speaker version but I have been unable to find any reliable documentation on what came in a 1995. Best I can find is that the Bose system was upgraded mid-year in 1995 with more output power and the two additional speakers. You might have either version depending on when it was built. My '95 Z28 came with the 3-speaker Bose so I guess it was an early build.

In any case, I would check to make sure you actually have speakers in the sail panels before trying to diagnose a problem that may not apply to your car.

Quick Reply: Bose Rear Sub and Amp Assy - 95 Camaro with 5 Speaker Bose