Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

? about putting a subwoofer in a T/A

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about putting a subwoofer in a T/A

I've seen a subwoofer box that fits in the hollow area in the left side of the trunk of a 4th gen. Do any of you guys have one? I don't want to loose the storage area fot the t-tops, so I thought that might be a good idea. I don't want an elaborate system, just a sub and a small amp. I'll keep the rest as it is. Just want a little more bass. Thanks guys...
Old 05-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Teching In

www.subthump.com has them and they are outstanding quality. Elemental designs makes a great sub to mate with it. Also MTX makes a sub box and JL Audio but they are a little more $$ .
Old 05-21-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

I installed an entire system in my T/A, and have a website, part of it illustrating how I built my sub box. It's one Elemental Designs 12K.44 12" sub that I paid $150 including shipping for. The box is a total of .78 cubic feet inside displacement, and is powered by 500wrms. It absolutely slams. I've had people listen to it, and they swear up and down, i've got 15"s in the back. Check it out, and feel free to shoot me an email at *NOSPAM*snootch420@Hotmail.com (minus the *NOSPAM* of course.)
Link is below in bold type.
Old 05-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Thanks. Good looking system, look like you did ALOT of work on it.