Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket HU...... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket HU...... HELP

Im goin to be replacing my Monsoon HU in my 2002 Z28 Camaro for a pioneer Single din.

I Had 3 question:

What are the 2 wires shown(picture !)

What are the Orange Wires for since i don't have them on the radio wiring Harness (Harness on the right) [Shown in Picture 2]

On the Wiring Harness Adapter (Left Harness) i have a dark blue, but on the radio wiring harness i have a White/Blue. [Shown in Picture 2]
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket HU...... HELP-img_0624-1-.jpg   Aftermarket HU...... HELP-img_0625-1-.jpg  
Old 01-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

The 2 wires that come out of the radio!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

there are 2 harnesses that come off the factory radio, the smaller one (on the left in picture 1) is used for the CD changer, unless you have one you don't need to worry about it.

if your new radios harness has NO orange wires then that means it's a model with NO dimmer function, those wires will go unused.

the solid blue wire is used as a turn on signal for the power antenna, you don't have a power antenna on camaros so you don't need to worry about it, the blue with white stripe on the new radios harness is used to either trigger a power antenna or as the remote wire for aftermarket amps, if you have neither of those it goes unused as well.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket HU...... HELP