Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

No radio and tail LMPS fuse blowing from fogs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No radio and tail LMPS fuse blowing from fogs

Hello LS1Tech, my first post here! I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

Basically I noticed yesterday that my gauge and HVAC backlights along with my fog lights weren't working. When I locked or unlocked the car, however, they would flash perfectly normal for a second. I looked in the fuse box and the tail LAMPS fuse was blown. I replaced it and the lights worked, but I now have no radio power and no fog power still! What's more, whenever I push the fog lamps switch to on it instantly blows the tails LMPS fuse. . All other fuses in the inside fuse box are fine.

I haven't really had time to investigate since the weather has been in the negatives with large amounts of snow. before this issue I had noticed that one if my fogs was out and I went in and felt that the hid ballast (aftermarket fog lights) to it was frozen to the car from cold weather. I didn't get a chance to look at it more because of the weather.

Btw, I have a 97 trans am with hid fogs, headlights, and an aftermarket stereo. I recently put in a few led bulbs in the map lights, glovebox, and rear side markers.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trunk won't open either. When the button is pushed I hear a clicking sound coming from behind the glove box. Pretty sure it's the bcm.

Quick Reply: No radio and tail LMPS fuse blowing from fogs