Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help! Problem with stereo. Rear speakers dont work.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Problem with stereo. Rear speakers dont work.

When i bought the car in Sept it already had the Alpine head unit in it, and Polk audio components in the doors and rear seat area. But the speakers in the hatch part are stock and arent working. They have wires hooked up, cant find them cut anywhere. And the adapter on the head unit looks like all the speaker wires are hooked up.

What could be going on with this? Do all you guys who upgrade your system leave the very rear speakers unhooked?

Another thing, i would like to just go back to the stock head unit so i can use the steering wheel controls, but i dont know if the stock monsoon amp was removed or not. Where should i look to see if its still there?

Thanks for any helpful info.

Ron
Old 05-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Factory Monsoon amp is back where your spare tire is. look for a black box in to the left of the spare tire. If you have components up front & rear I wouldn't bother hooking the factory 4" speakers up you probably wont hear them over the components anyway.