Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Another window thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Another window thread

Hey all, sorry for making this post, but I wasn't able to find anything in the search.

Back in october I swapped my passenger side motor for a new dorman unit. At the same time I did the autotrix window fix, and everything was fine.

Now I'm running into an issue where the window moves down just fine, but when I try to roll it up I get a horrible grinding noise. If I pull up on the glass while I roll up the window it rolls up just fine until it reaches the very top, where it gives me the grinding noise again (only much louder).

I checked and made sure the bolts holding the motor in were good and tight, and the teeth on the regulator don't look chewed up.

I'm about to go purchase a new regulator, but I'd rather not have to deal with replacing it. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?
Old 07-21-2015, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nevermind, I found the issue. Pulled the motor out and found that something internal's gone wrong. At one spot in every revolution of the gear it hangs up. Dammit.

Quick Reply: Another window thread