Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Question about Fog + High Beams?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Question about Fog + High Beams?

The write-up is helpful, ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...same-time.html ), but before I start taking a blade to my wires I want to make sure I understand everything clearly.

I cut the green wire and then cap off the side coming from the wire-grouping, and then ground the part hanging out of the fuse box? Like this:

FUSE BOX (Light Green Wire)------------* *---------------------
____________________________Ground^ ^Cap off.

I sound like an idiot, but I like to "measure twice and cut once."

Old 09-22-2015, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Another question I have... I did the free headlight fix. It worked great, absolutely perfect for a couple months... now the left headlight only goes up about 2/3's and makes a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE grinding noise (worse than the original grinding noise.) I figure it's the gear again, but what gives? I thought I was using the good side of the gear. Am I totally screwed and have to buy the brass ones?

I tried fixing it manually, and no matter what it just loosely falls (I can free spin the motor thing sticking out that the light is attached to about 5mm in either direction.) It isn't stiff like the right headlight.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I seriously cannot figure out how to get the headlight motor out. I seem to have much less clearance than the guide from the aluminum gear guy. I just put it back on the "bad" side for now, and let it make that horrible noise. At least it goes all the way up now.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 11-21-2015, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernRex
I seriously cannot figure out how to get the headlight motor out. I seem to have much less clearance than the guide from the aluminum gear guy. I just put it back on the "bad" side for now, and let it make that horrible noise. At least it goes all the way up now.
headlight motors have 4 bolts, 3 holding the motor to the car and one holding the arm on.

as for getting it out it should be pretty easy, I don't remember having trouble getting it out.

can't speak to the fogs on with highs, 6 lights at a time are illegal in most places, plus the bright foreground of the fog lights reduces the usable light of the high beams.

Quick Reply: Question about Fog + High Beams?