Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail panel speakers really quiet. No bass at all after new headunit install

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail panel speakers really quiet. No bass at all after new headunit install

I changed the headunit in my 99 camaro to a Sony explode and now my sail panel speakers aren't working or are extremely quiet not sure. Sounds like there is no bass at all. Anyone else had this problem. Everything else works great. I'm not that great at electronics please any help would be appreciated

Last edited by jeff_89gta; 09-28-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Late response sorry. Mine did the same thing. Changed the wiring but no improvement.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you use the stock amp or bypass it and connect it directly to the head unit?
Old 04-17-2016, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jeff_89gta
I changed the headunit in my 99 camaro to a Sony explode and now my sail panel speakers aren't working or are extremely quiet not sure. Sounds like there is no bass at all. Anyone else had this problem. Everything else works great. I'm not that great at electronics please any help would be appreciated
make sure no settings in the headunit are screwing things up, like make sure no HPF (high pass filter) are turned on. Also if the radio has any "sound stage" settings (i've seen them on higher end Pioneers before), disable them, they kill low end response. Also if there is a LOUD (or something along that setting, that typically has a Low, Medium and High settings) turn that off to, i've seen those screw with low end response.

If you post the model number of your radio I can probably look up the manual and advise you better what settings to mess with.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...much-bass.html

Quick Reply: Sail panel speakers really quiet. No bass at all after new headunit install