Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

bluetooth mic placement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 01:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default bluetooth mic placement?

Im planning on getting a double din to replace my current single din and was just wondering where people have mounted the bluetooth mic?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had mine over the rearview mirror and it seemed to work well. I picked up a C7 'vette from work last month and noticed the mic there is on the A pillar. I moved mine over to the corner of the A Pillar and windshield frame. I don't think it makes any real difference on sound quality.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Thats where i was thinking about putting it...i probably won't use it much but it's good to know it works well there
Old 10-06-2015, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my trailblazer the sun visor was to thick and I broke the clip trying to slide it on, so I hooked it over the top of the a-pillar, when the radio was in my firebird I had removed my visors as they would just flap around since they where worn out so I hooked the mic holder in the hole left behind at the visor mount, that general area was also where I had the mic in my accord I had before getting the firebird, aside from occasionally bumping its a great location and easy to repoint if needed and works great, most people can't tell they are on speaker phone. I could see the mirror as a good place too, but have never tried it myself.

just position it so it has a clear line to the driver.

Quick Reply: bluetooth mic placement?