Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

1993 TA with 10 speaker set up + after market HU

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 TA with 10 speaker set up + after market HU

HU = head unit.

So I learned that my car has the 10 speaker set up, but the thing is, I do not have an amp. Is this why my door speakers (not the tweeters) do not produce sound?

The hatch (super rear) speakers have a wire going from them to the sub. That's the only way the subs in the back seat can be heard.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 262 Likes on 226 Posts

The 10-speaker setup is different from a Monsoon system even though the speakers are in the same places. Only the sail panel subs are powered by the amp so that would not have any effect on the door speakers. The amp is not in the same place as with a Monsoon system - it's mounted behind the right sail panel trim below the sub next to the rear seat cushion.

There should be no wire connecting the hatch speakers to any other speaker so apparently someone has been messing with the wiring. Amateurs messing with factory wiring without knowing the system configuration is a common cause of problems in these cars (by "amateurs" I'm including so-called techs at big box stores and even many audio shops where they aren't familiar with factory amplified systems).

Quick Reply: 1993 TA with 10 speaker set up + after market HU