Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine Ai-Net question (adapters)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Ai-Net question (adapters)

I have an Alpine CDA-9833 and I will be installing the Alpine XM tuner from a year ago or so. This will be the first thing connected to the "Ai-Net". I also have an adapter that converts the Ai-Net input into a standard pair of RCA jacks. If I connect this to the Ai-Net "Input " on the XM Tuner will I be able to select XM as well as Aux In on the head unit? Or do I need the other adapter that senses input and redirects the signal?
Old 07-25-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PFDarkside
I have an Alpine CDA-9833 and I will be installing the Alpine XM tuner from a year ago or so. This will be the first thing connected to the "Ai-Net". I also have an adapter that converts the Ai-Net input into a standard pair of RCA jacks. If I connect this to the Ai-Net "Input " on the XM Tuner will I be able to select XM as well as Aux In on the head unit? Or do I need the other adapter that senses input and redirects the signal?
The Alpine XM tuner box has a AI NET input on it so just plug your RCA adaptor into that. It will still switch to the AUX input same as before and the XM functionality will be uneffected. Had it that way in my Camaro with visor monitors and a PS2.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Awesome, thanks for the reply.