Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Emergency Brake not working.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency Brake not working.

The brake works, but when activated the light isnt coming on in the instrument panel. Therefore I am not able to turn off my DRL's.
I turn them off everytime it rains to prevent blowing them. but now i cant turn them off. is there something (fuse) for the emergency brake that could be blown?
thanks.
My car sucks, everyhting is going wrong @ the same time.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

As new as your car is there shouldn't be a prob but you may want to check the DRL module (behind the stereo in a box w/two wire connections to it). Although it is solid state and you can't get a reading off it directly I would guess that the problem stems from this. Do a search for my problem with headlights and you can use my experience/schematic to trouble shoot. I got my DRL module from a salvage yard for $20 which was a huge savings from the $130 they wanted at the dealer. I think some yards wanted $55 but I got a real yahoo place out here to sell it. Dash fuse is in the panel though on the driver side if you want to check it, it will be labeled cluster or something I think, but then none of the lights would work. I will bet $$$ on the crappy DRL module, especially if you use it to bypass the lights pretty often. Good luck!!!

Last edited by mySStery_machine; 08-16-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

If you recently took apart your center console, you might want to check the grounding wire that attaches to the ebrake. My light wouldn't turn off, and found out that the grounding wire was the culprit. It should be fairly noticeable. Just bend it so it works again