Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

any help???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any help???

ok heres my problem i got a 99z and when i put my right blinker on the flippin thing dosent blink in the rear of the car it just stays on but the front blinks any ideas??
Old 08-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

There is a bulb out somewhere. Turn on the hazards and look for a bulb that isnt flashing. The hazards use a separate flashing unit that will flash all the lights (well... the ones that are supposed to anyway).
Old 08-27-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem every time I run my car through a car wash. Just do what VIP1 told you. You can't miss with that. I bet one of your bulbs on your daytime running lights is wet. just change both out and make sure you don't have any water in the connector. blow it out or stick some tissue in it to dry it out. I get water in mine every time it rains hard and when I take it to the car wash. You'll probably have to rig it up like I did. I just put duct tape on any opening I could feel over the bulbs. Keep in mind that you're sticking your hand through a 6x 4 opening so you can't see much with your hand in there, so you'll have to go with what you feel. Anyhow, if you're blinker doesn't flash and you back light stays lit than for sure it's your bulbs on the drl. Just stay away from car washes and don't spray to much water on your drl when washing your car.