Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

The Gremlins surfaced again...

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Gremlins surfaced again...

I just LOVE all the electronic Gremlins in these cars, especially my 94. Here's the latest problem. I shut off the car and try to put windows up. The driver is fine, radio still on. Passenger goes up for a second and then all the reserve power features turn off...window still down. What could be the problem? It happens when controlling the window from either switch, so it's not just a driver door problem. Could it be the door switch on the passenger side? Thanks for the help.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

Hopefully Whitebird can help me here with this one as well, all others are encouraged to give input too. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2004, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

that is interesting. Does anything else happen when the window stops working? Does the radio shut off or the other window stop working? How well does that window go up and down when you are driving? Maybe the motor is creating to much resistance and causing the shutdown.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

All power is killed as soon as I try to use the passenger window, it is very odd. The window works just about as well as any Camaro works, slow but not quite dying. Hope that helps you somehow.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

I would think that the window is tripping a circuit breaker. I would first try to lubricate the window to see if you can get it to run smooth. I have heard of people having to replace window motors in Camaros before. I would start with the lube and then onto to the motor replacement.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Will try that, thanks for the advice.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Nothing doing there, I now am having a pulsing problem with my dash lights as well I don't know about dome, since I don't drive around with them on. Alternator is changed already so I don't figure on it being the regulator or anything. Any ideas?