Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I know this is an endless debate but...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I know this is an endless debate but...

I have a pioneer head unit being shipped and i was looking around and i found this...
http://www.cardomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=PIOCDRB20

I am not sure but i think this would work to use my factory cd changer with the new pioneer head unit.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

No, it won't. It is designed to let you add an auxiliary device such as satellite radio to a Pioneer head unit / Pioneer CD changer combination. Although the factory changer was manufactured by Pioneer, it doesn't use the same control signals or connectors as an aftermarket Pioneer changer.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm gonna be the one to tell you not to even try with your stock changer and an aftermarket HU. i say either stay stock or if you plan to get a sub, go with an aftermarket HU for sure, and get one that plays mp3's. if you do that, you can carry your whole disc changer routine on a single cd.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:45 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

agreed. the changer just seems like more of a pain to me. if you havent already, go ahead and spring the extra cash for an mp3 deck. it'll be a lot more efficient and sound a lot better than your changer ever would. just my .02