Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

what speakers fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what speakers fit?

Hi I was wondering what speakers will fit in the back hatch area. Can you fit 6 x 9's, I know I might have to cut part of the panel but has anyone got them to fit? thanks
Old 10-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Launching!

I have heard of people doing this.I think its a waste if you get the door and rear a-pillars though.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I wanted to do this too. I ended up cutting out the plastic mold for the stock speakers, but the new 6x9's I wanted didn't even fit. I ended up with a problem. What was wierd though, I saw a guy post up this " Ugliest Camero Ever " post and the guy had this camaro with 6x9's ( or what looked very similar to one ) in the plastic trim near the hatch. I asked how this was done, no reply yet.

TonyT123, what rear a-pillars? What do you mean it's a waste?
Old 10-16-2004, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he means it's a waste to put speakers in the rear hatch area if you put a pair of speakers in both the front doors and the A-pillars (the area on the sides of the car directly behind the front seats).

i personally wouldn't waste time putting speakers in the rear hatch area, i'd just put a good 6.5" component set up front and a couple 6.5" midbass speakers in the A-pillars, both run off a good high-quality, medium-powered amp, or put a good component set up front, a fairly good set of 6.5" coaxials in the A-pillars, and some subs in a box in the rear hatch area, down in the T-Top well (since i have a hardtop anyway, that's likely the route i would take)
Old 10-16-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What were 6.5 midbass speakers that you put in the A-pillars ? I've been looking to replace the stock mids in the a-pillars and amp them as well. But what would you hook it up to in a 4 channel amp? I use 2 channels for the front, and 2 for the rear near the hatch. The mids are still using the stock monsoon amp, I want to amp them to my new amp but I don't know what channel to place them in.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe 5x7s in the rear hatch?? Seem like they'd fit.

I want to possibly put 5x7s there and definitely want (and look to fit) 5x7 in the rear sail panels.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I second that it is a wast! On the factory system it fills n nice, but after market it is stupid! go with a MB Quart,Focal,Diamond,Image Dynamics 6.5 in the front and rear dynomat and build angled MDF spacers. And If you realy want to have kick as sound look into a centerchannel! It is unreal how much that fills in the sound!
Old 10-24-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

I wouldnt put a 6x9 in there, I think it would rattle and sound like It would also more then likely be a free air speaker, but you would not have enough Ve for it to reproduce properly. If its bass you want, then look into a JL 10 stealth box. If your just looking for louder then get a decent set of coaxials