Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My Setup Idea

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Setup Idea

Ok, I have around a $1000 budget and Ive been looking around a bit for a system that I think I would like. The only thing I have narrowed down "for sure" is the sub/amp/box setup. Please give me any suggestions.

If it helps any, I mostly listen to rock (korn, slipknot) but I also listen to some rap and hip hop whenever I feel "gangsta"

Ok, so here it goes.

HU:

Panasonic MXE CQ-C9800U

The thing I like about this HU is the fact that it's rated at (70x4) BUT it puts out 60x4 RMS . Im hoping that with this HU I wouldnt need to buy a separate 4 channel amp to power the speakers. The guys at crutchfield seem to really like it but I haven't heard much more about it. All the other reviews Ive found are favorable.

Price: $350

Front Speakers:

CDT CL-61A Components

I've heard nothing but good thingd about these speakers. Supposedly best bang for the buck.

Price: $150

OR

Front Speakers:

MB Quart DSE 216 Components

I've heard that MB Quarts have awesome highs, but I have seen some reviews that say these speakers can sometimes be too bright.

Price: $150

Sub:
Elemental Designs 11Kv.2

Once again, Ive heard nothing but great things about this sub.

Sub Amp:
Elemental Designs NINe.2 Amplifier

I havent heard too much about this amp, but I can get the sub and amp for $250 total through ed's website so it seems like a good deal.

Price: $250 total for amp and sub

Box:
10" Stealthbox from subthump.

Price: $112

So, the problem is that I have absolutely no idea what speakers to put in the rear. All I know is that I wanted it to be a 6 1/2 coaxial that is gonna cost me around $50-$75.

Any advice? Thanks a bunch!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

infinity reference are great speakers, i have them all around in my TA and they sound great. i dont know how much 6.5's would cost, probably around 90 bucks
good luck