Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Questions Hooking up Sub with Factory Components

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions Hooking up Sub with Factory Components

I know this may be covered somewhere else on the board, but I'm looking for a more specific set of instructions/directions/parts list in how to go about making a sub work with my factory Monsoon system.

Right now, the system is as stock as you can get. In dash cd, with factory changer in the back. I'm about to buy an amplified MTX thunderform for the back and I need help on how to wire it up correctly so I do not fry the digital amp inside of it.

I'm assuming someone knows how to do this or has done it before so someone please help me.

I'm more a mechanical person than an electrcial person but I can do some wiring. I'm usually more into going fast and other stuff than electronics but I'm wanting a little better sound from my system so I really need to know what to do and what not to do. I've heard some issues about finding a place to get inputs into the speaker and problems caused by the Monsoon amp. I don't even know if the head unit has outputs or RCA cables. How do you go about this, go around this, or fix the problem? I need to know what othe electrical parts besides the normal stuff I will need to make this work.

Please if anyone can help, chime in or should I just take what I have and go to a shop that knows what is going on and let them take care of it. Would that be better in the long run?

Thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

youll need an inverter.it takes high level input from youre stock speakers and converts it into a signal so you can use rca wires.use the the stock sub speakers in the back seat to get the signal.the inverters are only like 20 bucks or so.you can find them at circut city.best price for them ive seen
Old 08-09-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BigKahuna327
I know this may be covered somewhere else on the board, but I'm looking for a more specific set of instructions/directions/parts list in how to go about making a sub work with my factory Monsoon system.

Right now, the system is as stock as you can get. In dash cd, with factory changer in the back. I'm about to buy an amplified MTX thunderform for the back and I need help on how to wire it up correctly so I do not fry the digital amp inside of it.

I'm assuming someone knows how to do this or has done it before so someone please help me.

I'm more a mechanical person than an electrcial person but I can do some wiring. I'm usually more into going fast and other stuff than electronics but I'm wanting a little better sound from my system so I really need to know what to do and what not to do. I've heard some issues about finding a place to get inputs into the speaker and problems caused by the Monsoon amp. I don't even know if the head unit has outputs or RCA cables. How do you go about this, go around this, or fix the problem? I need to know what othe electrical parts besides the normal stuff I will need to make this work.

Please if anyone can help, chime in or should I just take what I have and go to a shop that knows what is going on and let them take care of it. Would that be better in the long run?

Thanks
Pretty self explanatory....

This is what you need...

And where you can get it...
http://www.affsave.com/pac.htm