Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sirrius wiring question/ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 04:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sirrius wiring question/ideas

Allright here's the deal, I'm in no way shape or form and electronics guy. I once tried to put up Christmas lights and started a fire, so go easy on me in case I'm asking a dumb questions.

I have a Sirrius Sportster satellite radio. I have it wired inside the center console because I'm not screwing anything to the dash etc. Yes it's a pain in the *** changing stations but not that bad considering there are a buttload of presets and looks actually pretty cool in there. Here are my 2 questions:

#1 is there any way I could hook this thing up to my radio controls on my steering wheel? It has a remote for it, but the IR eye has to have close contact to work, and I have to open the console lid so it's pointless. There has to be a way I can change over to the Sirrius like the guys who have the stock disk changer in the back of thier cars.

#2 I am forced to use the FM modulator because I can't find the intputs on the frigg'n monsoon in my SS. I took the radio out without losing any fingers or injuring children and there are no inputs on the back of the head unit RIGHT?. I'm in the military and drive from Maryland to Philly and gotta mess with the channels cause the strength of the different stations on the way to Philly get stronger and it's a pain in the ***. I like the look of the factory head unit and refuse to change it, so don't recomend getting rid of the stock head unit LOL.

Am I making sense? LOL I hope someone can look at this and square me away.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
#2 I am forced to use the FM modulator because I can't find the intputs on the frigg'n monsoon in my SS. I took the radio out without losing any fingers or injuring children and there are no inputs on the back of the head unit RIGHT?. I'm in the military and drive from Maryland to Philly and gotta mess with the channels cause the strength of the different stations on the way to Philly get stronger and it's a pain in the ***. I like the look of the factory head unit and refuse to change it, so don't recomend getting rid of the stock head unit LOL.
This is how I installed XM in my car:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....15&postcount=3
(post #3)

I posted where I hid my antenna here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/248790-guys-xm.html
(post #3 & 9)

The stock Monsoon heanunit does not have RCA AUX Input.
You need a GM9-AUX adapter to convert the CD-Changer port to RCA AUX-IN.

Read my post in the first thread above for more details.

Does your Sirius unit have RCA or 1/8" outpout?
If not, then you need to buy the appropriate adapter to get RCA output from the Sirius unit.