Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sub advice for subthump t-top box

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub advice for subthump t-top box

I've ran the same subs for over five years now and really haven't followed car audio very closely lately so I don't know what's good anymore.

Anyways, I am looking at buying a subthump box (the t-top box) with either 2 10's, or 2 12's. Each box (sealed) has 1.1ft^3 for each woofer. I might special order one to get a little more air space, or possible go with a vented enclosure. I am primarily interested in SQ now that I am little older, but still would like the ability to crank the bass every once in a while. Based off of that, which sub would you recommend?

I was considering the IDMax, JBL GTi and the OZ Matrix elite. Any other subs to consider?

Price is really of little concern and I haven't bought amps yet so the power I plan on running to them will be determined when I get the sub.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Teching In

nice choice with the subs. for sq id go with the idmax. two of them will get very loud as well. i have 2 12" infinity perfects and they are very musical and crank very nicely. they are not on par with the idmax (idmax has more output) though. the perfects are a more "modest" setup. kinda like w3 or a w6. also look into elemental a series if you can find them. as far as an amp, i suggest a bpx2200.1 (made in conjunction with crown and JBL) i have the jbl 1200.1 and 1201.1 and love them both!!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Teching In

IDMax's with no hesitation. Other than that I'd suggest Diamonds. I'm not going for anything crazy on my set up. I am planning to get an IDQ 10" @ 2ohms in a stealth box.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

IDmax subs are ******* amazing, awsome SQ.

Kicker also makes very good subs, (and some of the hardest hitting)

If you have the money, look into Focal, there isn't a better sounding sub/speaker. period.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

You will want the Image Dynamics IDQ for SQ, and the IDmax more for SPL
Old 09-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I've looked more into it, and I think I'll be going with the IDQ's or the eD's Ov2's. Right now, I'm leaning towards the eD's though.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by thaar
Yeah, I've looked more into it, and I think I'll be going with the IDQ's or the eD's Ov2's. Right now, I'm leaning towards the eD's though.

Nothing wrong with eD. However, if there are two mainstream companies to consider it would only be Image Dynamics, and Arc Audio for me.

Arc has received a lot of their technology from ID. They are blowing up in terms of sales and wins at local sound off's. You'll find their pricing to be great, and customer service to be fantastic as well.

eD, would be at least in my top 5 though.

ID
Peerless
Adire
Arc
eD