Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

12 disc changer help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 12 disc changer help please

i have a 99 z w/ the monsoon system. it has the tape deck w/ trunk mounted 12 disc changer. the changer and sytem work and sound great 1st off.
my problem is that about every 3rd or 4th time i shut the car off the cd magazine gets ejected for no reason. the door stays shut the magazine just pulls out/forward. its a real pain in the *** b/c it takes about 2 minutes for it to read all the cds and then start back up again.and it loses its place too.
i looked at stickys and didnt see anything like this
anyone hae any ideas or have had this problem befor i have to take it to get it fixed. oh and id did look to make sure the electrical connection was still in and it looks perfect and untouched
Old 09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

anyone have any ideas?
i hate to take it to get this fixed spend 500 bux or so and find out its a wire or something.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Launching!

I had the same exact problem. I'm not sure what I did to fix it though. Not much help here, but it wasn't anything too difficult. I think it ended up being a loose connection on one of the two sides (head unit or changer). I'd play around with it a little before paying anybody to look at it or replace it. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for responding
i looked at the connection on the changer itsself and its in there good. i even wiggled it to see if it would mess w/ it at all and it didnt seem to phase it. do the wires that run into the back head up to behind the head unit? im guessing so. guess it'll have to be removed to check the rear wires.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

anyone else have any ideas, i checked both connections and both are fine
all wires looked intact too
Old 09-15-2005, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3rdgentug
anyone else have any ideas, i checked both connections and both are fine
all wires looked intact too
i think that your CD changer is "reseting" itself. So somehow someway its loosing its power and when it regains it, it spits the magazine out.
If you want a good used one PM me I am selling one, including 2 magazines and a cassete head unit for pretty cheap.