Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How do you connect amp&sub to Monsoon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you connect amp&sub to Monsoon?

Is it possible to hook up an amp with a crossover (to power a 12" sub) to the stock Monsoon system? If so, please tell me how. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need a line level to low level (rca) converter, run power to the amp, mount it, etc.

If you're going to run power, you might as well run rca's to the front of the car.

If you're going to do that, you should get rid of the stock system and do it right, do it all.

If all you want is better bass, then just run the power along the pass floorboard to the rear area.

You don't say how old the car is. Chances are, the stock speakers are not in their prime, and probably wouldn't hurt to replace them. Again, see above. It's a big can of worms to replace factory speakers due to their unique setup (see the stickies at the top of this forum).

Oh, one other note. You'll have no sub control from the stock HU. From personal experience, it's a requirement. Alot of music I listen to is recorded at such different levels, it's insane. With some I have to crank the sub way up, with others way down.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the quick response. I have an '02 Z. Theres more bass in the front than the back, so I was going too add some older equipment I have in my garage to pump it up in the trunk. Didnt want to go all out yet and replace everything. Door speakers work well, and I have alpines in the sails. Thats it. Need the sub in the trunk.