Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

JL's are in!! (56k beware) lots of pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JL's are in!! (56k beware) lots of pics

Well I ordered the JL Audio 6W0's for the sail panels and they fit right in with no spacers or cutting, screws went in the stock holes but 2 were at a little bit of an angle

Then the front door speakers were upgraded to the XR series with crossovers tweeters and the 6 1/2s. These also fit in perfect with minimal modifications, not going to say it was easy but if i had to do it again it would not take anytime just sucked the first time. Then the crossovers were mounted at the stock amp in the back these were a little tricky just because when i hooked up the tweeters to them they made a popping sound that took a little while to figure out which was resolved by removing the tweeters from the crossovers and just running them to the 6 1/2s in the doors, that sounds a whole lot easier than it all was, again if i had to do it again it would not take near as long.

I then left the rear speakers alone, along with the stock head unit and stock amp and it is a major difference over stock not as much bass as i was hoping for but i am planning on taking the 6W0's back out and putting in some poly fill or something to see if it makes a little more thump.

Again this was all through the stock head unit and amp so if anyone wants to know if it can be done, it can, i know people have done it befor just wanted to share another success story

Here are some pics

this is just a picture of the radio showing its stock

Here are the crossovers, i did not have to add any wires or anything just cut put the inputs in and the outputs out

The speakers in the door (screens fit back on also so it looks stock)

Tweeter

Now the 6W0's, these things look so bad i meant to get a pic of them out of the box but forgot. I had heard you have to cut a 1/2 inch ring out to make these fit but believe it or not there is still tons of room behind them>

And the screens also fit back over the 6W0's retaining the stock look

Pic with screens on over tweeter

I have to post a pic of the car to just would not be right
Old 09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

nice job man, looks like a really clean install, i'd ditch the monsoon amp and throw a decent 4 channel in there and those speakers will scream!
Old 09-23-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have to cut any wires for the 6W0s ?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking work. That is very stealth and clean. Congrats
Old 09-23-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Well for the wiring on the 6W0's i just did like everyone else and used the short wires instead of the long ones and taped up the long wires.

im planning on eventually upgrading everything so a new amp is in the future