Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Keyless fob trouble...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Keyless fob trouble...

Well, my keyless remote has not been working very good the last couple of days, so I figured I'll just buy a new battery....did'nt help, if I press lock a 100times it works well maybe 10 times, anobody know what could cause this? Maybe I'll try to reprogram the fob tommorow and see if that helps.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimsss
Well, my keyless remote has not been working very good the last couple of days, so I figured I'll just buy a new battery....did'nt help, if I press lock a 100times it works well maybe 10 times, anobody know what could cause this? Maybe I'll try to reprogram the fob tommorow and see if that helps.
Button has died. That or the circuit board in it has. Just buy a new one.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...5702QQtcZphoto

Just buy a new one...
Old 10-24-2005, 05:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimsss

You pressed it 100 times? Maybe thats the reason it doesnt work :p

But seriously you may try to clean that one or get a new one. They are pretty cheap.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

45 bucks for a new one.

what you need to do is find a way to replenis the little nubs on the rubber pad with some sort of conductive material. the problem is the graphite is rubbed out, gotta make the connection somehow. unfortunatly i ran out of options when the case cracked, had to buy a new one then. i just swapped in my old electronics board and it works perfect. maybe some day i'll try some things with the old pad. my last few tricks didnt seem to hold up to time. Superglue'n'foil or tape'n'foil. i've got a few other ideas to try before i call it quits.