Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD Player Ghost

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Player Ghost

on my stock monsoon system sometimes it will switch from FM radio to CD, it did it 3x on the way home from work today. It switches to cd, and then a few seconds later turns back to radio. Anyone heard of this?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe you got a short somewhere, what did you do before this started happening?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:36 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Never had that issue before with my F-body Monsoon systems.

My Bonneville uses a similar head unit as the Trans Ams. The only issues I've had with that one is that on rare occasion the volume will just cut out, like you turned off the radio....but you didn't. Only way to bring it back is change stations or play with the volume. That's happened maybe 3-4 times in the 4+ years I've owned the car. Also, every once in a while, when I adjust the volume **** up one notch it'll bring the volume down a notch instead.

And just yesterday for the first time, the CD player started to act up (skipping, etc.). I gave the dash a good whack and it cleared right up. Probably just the cold weather.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm....i bought an extended warranty from a 3rd party vendor but i dont know if the stereo is covered. I guess ill just have to live with it.