Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

what kinda amp will power this system

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default what kinda amp will power this system

alright well my sail panel speakers blew out and an audio shop replaced them with the wrong speakers. They are powerful but they just arent recieving the power they need, now im not getting the bass i want only at low volumes... I was thinking of saying screw the monsoon amp and rewiring all the speakers to a new amp. If i choose to do this what kinda amp will I need and how many channels? Right now the system is all stock monsoon i plan on getting a new head unit and if i get this new amp what should it be and how should I wire it all help would be appreciated... after i get this working the way i want im eventually gonna get subs but for now i just wanna get my system working again w/ full bass
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure the shop hooked up the right amp channels to your new sail speakers?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Launching!

nah im not sure at all how would i know but the rear seat speakers they gave me are supposidly expensive speakers from a mustang that jus put out bass but i dont think its compatible and i think i need a new amp because i dont think it was a factory replacement
Old 12-23-2005, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so they replaced your factory "monsoon" speakers with factory mustang speakers? And they claim the mustang speakers need way more power than the monsoons It would help if you could dig out your reciept and tell us what they actually installed. I betcha they have em hooked up wrong if you aren't getting much sound. Even a really really inefficient speaker should get to at least 90db or so even with just the monsoon amp.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Launching!

well it gets power it just doesnt get alot of bass at high volumes like the old stock speakers did. The old monsoon mid bass speakers that were in there made my car rattle a little, I jus wanna kno if its even worth trying to bring these new speakers back to life with a new amp with more power or should i just say screw the sail panel and go right to getting some subs? thing is i dont have alot of $ right now so i was hoping i could get these thumping with a soso amp and a new faceplate to restore my system