Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default monsoon

does every camaro come with monsoon speakers? i have just a regular camaro that does not have the stock sub, amp, and rear hatch speakers so im guessing i have something crappy, not the monsoon speakers.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

to the top
Old 01-17-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TO be honest, I don't what speakers they put in the non-Monsoon equipped Camaros. But I can't imagine the Monsoon speakers would work being driven solely by a stock head unit.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

what would i need to do in order to convert my speakers to monsoon. im not gonna get the hatch because i heard that you can barely hear the hatch speakers anyways
Old 01-18-2006, 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

i forgot to add that i have an after market head unit... alpine thats suppose to push 60watts per channel
Old 01-18-2006, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With an aftermarket head unit, it would be silly to go out and put the rest of the stock Monsoon system in. And unless your Camaro came with the wire harness for Monsoon, It would be more difficult than adding an aftermarket amplifier.

The monsoon is an adaquate stereo system. Meaning it is better than the average stock sound system that auto makers usually put in thier vehicles. But it is in no way a great sound system. I can see an F'body owner, who was meticulous about keeping his ride completely stock, wanting to add the Monsoon system to a non-Monsoon vehicle. But you already bought an aftermarket head unit.

Since you asked about stock speakers, I'm going to assume your using them. In my opinion, the best and easiest upgrade would be to add new speakers. I would start there, and add an decent aftermarket 4-chan amplifier later.

BTW: If your headunit can drive 60W/chan max, You're not going to get very much more power from the Monsoon amp.