Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

how to remove front door speaker in 2002 cmaaro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to remove front door speaker in camaro?

the left front door speaker blew, but i dont know how to remove it. can anybody tell me how to remove it so i can put a new speaker in?

thanks.

Last edited by VietRacingGuy; 01-24-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are like 4 screws, take them out, take off the switch plate, and the lock/handle plate. Then just lift the door up to remove. Then you will see the 4 screws holding the speaker in. then just match up the wiring and you are good to go
Old 01-17-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There are 3 large screws, 2 visible in teh top of the armrest, and one recessed under the front of the armrest. There are 3 smaller screws; one holding the triangular plastic trim behind the mirrors (remove this one first), one near the door handle, and one on the front of the armrest.

Next: Pop loose the trim panel that makes up the front part of the armrest and extends around the door handle. The plastic slider for the door lock should snap off of the metal actuator arm and then slide out of the trim panel.

Reaching behind the trim panel, push out the window/power doorlock controls. Remove 2 electrical plugs.

Rotate trim panel about 90 degrees to free it from the door handle. Once removed, the main door panel should lift straight up and out of the door.

Once you've done a couple of times it takes less than 5 minutes.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Default this is not powered window!

well, guess what? i forgot to tell yall that my car DOES NOT have power window. it is manual. i did exactly what you said, and everything popped out. but then the window roller?? I have to remove that before the i can pop the whole thing out.
anyone with any info. on how to remove that please help.

thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is a window handle removal tool available at most auto parts stores. You use it to slide out the 'C' clip that holds the handle on the window crank. Should not be much of a problem.