Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speaker upgrade

I need the part numbers for Speakers from a 2002 camaro SS. Since I have a 98 Camaro Z28 with monsoon System. Iwant to upgrade the speakers from a 02 SS but need the Part numbers so that I can upgrade the whole sytem, replacing all the speakers in the 98 Z for some 02 SS speakers. So If anyone can help me out? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not go the aftermarket route? I have all aftermarket speakers in my SS. And I'm much happier with the sound of them than with the stock speakers. Granted, I was happy with the stockers until I blew a door speaker and had to upgrade. Because blown speaker seem to be a too frequent occurrance with the stockers, I decided not to get factory replacements.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 98 w/ monsoon and 02 SS use the same drivers. Such an upgrade would be pointless.

If you want better sound start with aftermarket speakers, then the head unit, then the amp, adding in subs wherever in the list makes sense to you.

Dropping in an aftermarket deck and speakers, using the monsoon amp can sound very good if you take the time to understand how to wire everything. If you're mostly looking for bass then adding in a simple bazooka or similar self amped tube offers good value.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Well I reallywant to repalce the sail panel speakers right behind the front driver and passenger. The speakers that are in the panel. I removed one on day and notice it has a rea;;y big magnet in the back. They are the Bass speakers and want to repalce them. Can you help me? Thanks. Thanks for your input.