Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

looking to upgrade but yet stock.. ur opinions..

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to upgrade but yet stock.. ur opinions..

I already got 4 Infinity direct replacement speakers... i have yet to install them considering i just got them 2day for xmas and its been hectic... anyway.. im looking to upgrade to the best system possible without changing my head unit... not to sound contradicting, i know it won't be great but a little better from the horrible crap that comes out now.. i hope the infinity's will give a little more umpf to the sound.. anyways this is my next plan.. im not big on car audio so i need a little assistance..

i was looking at the 10" stealthbox that subthump offers.. has anybody tried the eD 10incher.. the most expensive one.. i forgot the model number, i think 11kO.2 or something all together its about 300.

does anybody know the best amp for that sub??

also how does that sound to you guys personally

the inifinitys all around with the stock head unit then the 10" eD sub.. a little better or am i only getting myself into trouble?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I have a Pioneer 4600MP HU in mine and I LOVE how the 10speaker setup sounds. I have a feeling a lot of what I'm hearing is the deck's help, but I also have never heard the factory setup. Mines a 93 though, so not exactly "Monsoon".

My honest to god personal preference, in your current situation, would be to get a new HU. Everyone says they put out bad signal/frequency, it jumps around a lot. You have 4 nice speakers to use, but want to just use the stock HU. That's like buying nice parts for an Import Car It'll help a little, but no where near as if those were put on a FBody!!!!

To do the subs, you'll need to get one of those line to AV converters, since the factory deck doesn't have sub-out on it.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its going to sound like crap with the stock hu.. even though the stock look is nicer imo. i had the stock hu for about a day with my 4 infinities.. a week later i realized the infinities couldnt handle much bass.. so i bought 2 10" subs to go with it. now im regretting not getting the stealth box. the box i have now weighs a ton.